Friday, August 26, 2011

Site Design

I installed the "Store" theme from Templatic. I updated the inventory and made a shrewd logo and coupon.
I am offering free shipping for orders over $55, which requires 4 hats to be purchased.

$18 per hat x 4 orders =   $72 gross revenue
Material Cost for 4 hats  - $28
3% Paypal fee                - $1.50
Shipping:                        - $10.50

Total Net Profit : $32 or 44% profit margin. Pretty damn good right?

The profits won't be as nice if customers order only one hat:

$18 hat + $7.00 Shipping = $25 gross revenue
Shipping:                             -$10.50
Paypal 3% Fee                    -$0.75
Material Cost:                      -$7.00

Total Net Profit: $6.75, or a 27% profit margin. A little better than McDonalds operating margin, but I am not factoring in the gas, packaging labor, printing cost and all the other sweat equity that comes with running a business like this.

While I'm waiting for my hats to arrive, I should set up my site with all the Wordpress plugins and get started on creating backlinks for the site. It's going to be a lot of work to get this website to the top of Google, but I'm ready for it.

I'll check back soon. BTW if anyone is reading this, tell me what you think of the homepage (besides the fact it has no pictures :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment